To fund leadership education that inspires Catholic women to be transformational and influential leaders where they live, work, and volunteer.
To develop women’s leadership capacity-building programs that are of the highest quality and that are consistent with Catholic values by establishing and maintaining partnerships with key educational institutions.
Program Partner: Providence School of Transformative Leadership and Spirituality, Saint Paul University, Ottawa.
A one-year certificate program consisting of:
- a face-to-face residency program at Saint Paul University. The initial face-to-face module is for five days and the closing module for four days. These are all-day sessions continuing into the evening.
- five online study modules (20 hours per module) consisting of videos, readings, personal reflections, discussion forums, and real-time reflection and coaching sessions.
- Spirituality and a Catholic faith perspective are foundational in all activities.
- Integration of faith and life, personal and professional leadership development.
- Prayer and reflective practice are core elements integrated throughout the program – reflective practice refers to the time and process given for integrating new ideas and developing leadership skills; reflecting on one’s own personal and professional experiences in light of ideas and ideas that are presented and discussed.
Examples of Sessions Presented for Discussion and Reflection:
- What Does It Mean to be a Catholic Leader Today? Inspirational Catholic Women Leaders
- What Do We Mean By Transformative Leadership And Reflective Practice?
- Spirituality: its Place in Transformative Leadership
- Transformative Leaders and Well-Being
- Catholic Social Teachings: Bioethics, Care of our Common Home; Moral issues for Leaders
- Bringing our Faith and Life Together: Our Ecological Responsibility.
Rita has been a member of the Catholic Women’s Leadership Foundation since January 2015 and was appointed Chair on January 1, 2017.