Our Vision, Mission and Objective
The Catholic Women’s Leadership Foundation enables an influential voice for Catholic women in Canada through collaboration, education, and supportive networks. Our goal is to become the leading authority in Canadian Catholic women’s leadership through the development of diverse programs and activities.
We are excited about empowering Catholic women with increased leadership skills and confidence to create change and impact based on Catholic values. We are committed to supporting, influencing and inspiring Catholic women’s voices in their communities for a better Canada.
We are focusing our efforts on cultivating relationships, engagement and collaborations. We want others to know about our passion for women’s leadership and therefore seek to increase awareness of who we are and what we do. This exciting vision will be accomplished with financial sustainability and a solid governance structure.
You are invited to join our community as together we can accomplish the vision and mission of the CWLF.
To fund leadership education that inspires Catholic women to be transformational and influential leaders where they live and work.
Statistics and evidence demonstrate a tremendous need for groups to empower and encourage women in leadership roles – not just in the Church but in society as a whole. Today, women comprise 8.5 per cent of the highest-paid positions in Canada’s top 100 listed companies. Similarly, a study conducted by the HR Council of Nonprofit and Voluntary Organizations of Canada showed a disproportionate number of men in senior management posts in the nonprofit sector, while women occupied the majority of administrative and support-staff positions. This study revealed that women only held 40 per cent of executive positions in the nonprofit sector.
There is more that can be done.
The Catholic Women’s Leadership Foundation will encourage Catholic women to develop their leadership skills and provide a network of women to support the acceptance of women in important leadership roles.
- To develop women’s leadership capacity-building programs that are of the highest quality and that are consistent with Catholic values by establishing and maintaining partnerships with key educational institutions.
- To identify promising women leaders who will benefit from leadership education that builds on their lived experiences.
- To secure financial and human resources in support of Catholic women’s leadership education and activities.
- To establish and maintain a national network of support for Catholic women leaders.
- To develop and implement a communication plan to raise awareness about the importance of women’s leadership.