Our Leadership Program:
In meeting the vision of the Catholic Women’s Leadership create a “just, merciful, and compassionate world nurtured by the genius of women”, the Foundation, in partnership with the Providence School of Transformative Leadership at Saint Paul University in Ottawa, is supporting a yearlong leadership certificate program (Program) for Catholic women beginning in May 2019.
This Program provides an opportunity for Canadian Catholic women from all walks of life who are committed to making difference in society by developing their leadership skills. The Foundation is seeking women who meet the following criteria:
- A baptized Catholic woman, at least 21 years old who can demonstrate a genuine desire to cultivate her gifts of leadership.
- Has made a previous contribution to her community in a leadership capacity
- Demonstrate a commitment and plan to further her role as a Catholic leader on completion of the Program
- Competency in both oral and written English skills
- Commitment to complete the entire Program which includes online learning sessions and two in-person residence sessions in Ottawa
- Embrace the core elements of prayer and reflective practice which are integrated throughout the program
The Program is delivered through an in-person residency program in Ottawa and online modules guided by trained facilitators and includes the following:
- Online introductory module May 2019.
- A five-day residence session in Ottawa, June 2-7, 2019 and a four-day residence session in Spring 2020 (TBA).
- Five online study modules (10 hours per month) consisting of videos, readings, personal reflections, and discussion forums.
The Program will explore the following major themes:
- Transformative Leadership
- Women and Community
- Spirituality and Emotional Intelligence for Leadership
- Leadership and Social Catholic Teaching
- What does it mean to be a Catholic Leader Today?
- Bringing our Faith and Life Together: Our Ecological Responsibility ?
The Leadership Program is developed to accommodate women who may be working full time. It will be based on adult learning principles and will be women-centered. The program will feature numerous networking opportunities and a mentorship plan designed to strengthen each woman’s ability to grow.
The total cost of the Program including travel, meals, and accommodation at Saint Paul University in Ottawa is $10,000. Each participant is responsible for paying a Program fee of $1,000 (payable on acceptance to the Program).
After completing the Program, women will have the skills they need, whether they are speaking on behalf of an organization, fundraising for a local community group, making decisions that affect the health and wellbeing of people, serving as a director of a major organization or a government agency.
The Impact on Women and the Community
The impact of the Leadership Program is far-reaching for both the community and the Catholic Church. In the quest for Catholic social justice in society:
- Women will gain valuable leadership skills;
- Trained laywomen will be capable of providing succession in the area of Catholic social justice currently championed by the diminishing numbers of women religious;
- Registered charities will gain additional skill sets and knowledge, resulting in more effective promotion of their missions to create a just and compassionate society;
- Local parishes, committees, and dioceses will be strengthened by the feminine genius as women take on more leadership roles;
- Governments at all levels will be encouraged by a constituency of women not afraid to advocate on behalf of those without a voice.
Further, graduates will:
- Establish long-term relationships with like-minded women, encouraging one another;
- Gain the tools necessary to speak confidently about and take action on contemporary social issues in corporate and social settings;
- Benefit from an increase in economic and career opportunities as they gain additional skills, indirectly enhancing influence within their personal spheres.
How to Apply:
Applications for the 2019 program are now being accepted. Please complete the application by clicking here.
If you have any questions regarding the Leadership Program or the application process, please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, Rita and the foundation! Betty Morris