How to apply for the Catholic Women’s Leadership Program
Catholic Leadership Education Opportunity
In meeting the vision of the Catholic Women’s Leadership create a “just, merciful, and compassionate world nurtured by the genius of women”, the Foundation, in partnership with the Providence School of Transformative Leadership at Saint Paul University in Ottawa, is supporting a yearlong leadership certificate program (Program) for Catholic women beginning in May 2019.
This Program provides an opportunity for Canadian Catholic women from all walks of life who are committed to making difference in society by developing their leadership skills. The Foundation is seeking women feel called to apply and who meet the following criteria:
- A baptized Catholic woman, at least 21 years old who can demonstrate a genuine desire to cultivate her gifts of leadership.
- Has made a previous contribution to her community in a leadership capacity
- Demonstrate a commitment and plan to further her role as a Catholic leader on completion of the Program
- Competency in both oral and written English skills
- Commitment to complete the entire Program which includes online learning sessions and two in-person residence sessions in Ottawa
- Embrace the core elements of prayer and reflective practice which are integrated throughout the program
The Program is delivered through an in-person residency program in Ottawa and online modules guided by trained facilitators and includes the following:
- Online introductory module May 2019.
- A five-day residence session in Ottawa, June 3-7, 2019 and a four-day residence session in Spring 2020 (TBA).
- Five online study modules (10 hours per month) consisting of videos, readings, personal reflections and discussion forums.
The Program will explore the following major themes:
- Transformative Leadership
- Women and Community
- Spirituality and Emotional Intelligence for Leadership
- Leadership and Social Catholic Teaching
- What does it mean to be a Catholic Leader Today?
- Bringing our Faith and Life Together: Our Ecological Responsibility ?
The total cost of the Program including travel, meals and accommodation at Saint Paul University in Ottawa is $10,000. Each participant is responsible for paying a Program fee of $1,000 (payable on acceptance to the Program).
If you have any questions regarding the Leadership Program or the application process, please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.