How to apply for the Catholic Women’s Leadership Program
Catholic Women’s Leadership Program
Inspiring Catholic Women to be Transformational and Influential Leaders Where They Live, Work, and Volunteer!
The Catholic Women’s Leadership Foundation (Foundation), in partnership with the Providence School of Transformative Leadership and Spirituality at Saint Paul University in Ottawa, has developed a program to help Catholic women strengthen their leadership skills in an environment which integrates faith and spirituality.
This Program provides an excellent opportunity for Canadian Catholic women who are committed to making a difference in society and want to build their leadership capacity.
You are invited to apply for this program if you:
- Are a baptized Catholic woman, at least 21 years old, who can demonstrate a genuine desire to cultivate your gifts of leadership;
- Have made a previous contribution to your community in a leadership capacity;
- Embrace the core elements of prayer and reflective practice which are integrated throughout the program;
- Demonstrate a commitment to further your role as a Catholic leader on completion of the Program;
- Are committed to completing the full Program which includes five online learning modules and two in-person residence sessions in Ottawa; and,
- Demonstrate competency in oral and written English skills
The one-year program consists of a face to face residency program at Saint Paul University in Ottawa and online modules.
- The residency program includes a 5-day session near the beginning of the program (June 2-7, 2019) and a 4-day session at the end of the program.
- The five online study modules, which are about 20 hours each, include videos, readings, personal reflections, discussion forums, and coaching sessions.
Highlights of this Program
- Spirituality and the Catholic faith perspective are foundational in all activities
- Prayer and reflective practice are integrated throughout the program
Examples of Sessions Presented for Discussion and Reflection:
- What Does It Mean to be a Catholic Leader Today? Inspirational Catholic Women Leaders
- What Do We Mean By Transformative Leadership And Reflective Practice?
- Spirituality: its Place in Transformative Leadership
- Transformative Leaders and Well-Being
- Catholic Social Teachings: Bioethics, Care of our Common Home; Moral issues for Leaders
- Bringing our Faith and Life Together: Our Ecological Responsibility.
The total cost of the Program including travel, meals, and accommodation at Saint Paul University in Ottawa is $10,000. Each participant is responsible for paying a Program fee of $1,000 (payable on acceptance to the Program).
If you are inspired as a Catholic woman to be a transformational and influential leader where you work or volunteer, please complete the application by clicking here.
If you have any questions regarding the Leadership Program or the application process, please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.